Regardless of how thoroughly I clean my house, you will always be able to find random lego pieces on the floor, under the couch and/or tucked away on the bookshelves. My boys are crazy for lego, and man, do we have a lot of it. Of course it doesn't help that my children have a father who actively feeds the lego obsession. (Did I ever mention that Andrew got the giant lego Kingdom's Castle set for Christmas? No? Well I am now.)
Anyway, Legoland in Germany is only 3 hours away so during spring break we spent two days basking in lego heaven. I'm not much of an amusement park person, but this place was completely manageable. Plus, it was relatively inexpensive to boot. Fun was had by all, and I'm sure we'll be taking another trip in the future.
*Side note: The day after we got home from our trip I was doing family genealogy and discovered that we drove RIGHT BY the village where my oldest known ancestors were from. Like, RIGHT BY. As in I probably saw their village church from the high way. So not cool.
Anyway, Legoland in Germany is only 3 hours away so during spring break we spent two days basking in lego heaven. I'm not much of an amusement park person, but this place was completely manageable. Plus, it was relatively inexpensive to boot. Fun was had by all, and I'm sure we'll be taking another trip in the future.
*Side note: The day after we got home from our trip I was doing family genealogy and discovered that we drove RIGHT BY the village where my oldest known ancestors were from. Like, RIGHT BY. As in I probably saw their village church from the high way. So not cool.
Quote of the trip: "If I wasn't a God fearing person, I would totally be filling my pockets with lego right now."
-Andrew, inside of the lego factory store holding a handful of lego (picture below).
Afton loves "grandpas" and was all too willing to sit on this one and plant this one with a kiss.
The inspiration for this trip came from our good friends who have a son in Sam's school class (See picture below- Cushla is on the end and Fletcher is in between Sam and Luke). They are frequent Legoland visitors.
I think the trip was worth it solely for the picture below. Andrew convinced the boys to go on this roller coaster- and while they maintain that they "loved it", a picture does not lie.
Afterwords, we toned things down a bit...
... while Afton was content to just get soaked.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh--the whole post is cool, but the roller coaster picture . . . that's a keeper!
Such a fun family trip especially for Sam and Luke!.... well, maybe after they got off the rollercoaster! Course, Afton wouldn't be left out either and was obviously having her own little party!......hope you get back to the ancestor resting place too.
What a coincidence we just tricked Truman into riding on a roller coaster but he did not claim to love it. He flat out told us it was too scary. Best parents ever. We have to go with you guys next trip.
Oh! and Andrews's quote was classic! Hilarious!
Okay, I am finally getting caught up on your blog! I am so behind! Anyway... I'm still laughing over Sam & Luke's picture on the roller coaster, even though I've seen it several times before... It just never gets old!!! And that picture of Andrew with the legos in his hand is pretty priceless too!
Post a Comment