Last night I received an email from my sister-in-law. Apparently I forgot to tell Sam's previous school that he would not be attending this year, and as a result, he was placed in the same class as his cousin Peter. It was a sad moment for us to think about how much fun those two would have had together.
But, since we are not in Maryland, Sam is currently on day three at his new school- The International School Basel. The student body is comprised of 60 different nationalities and Sam has kids in his class with names like Teun, Fletcher, Metehan and Mahmoud. This really isn't too different from Sam's previous school, but I still think it's pretty cool. The staff seems wonderful and all knew Sam's name the moment he walked through the door (I guess that's what the application picture was for). The kids are also required to take German classes, which should be very helpful in our transition here.
So far there have only been two negative aspect-
- I failed to notice the school material list when we were in the states, and it is obnoxiously lengthy. (What??? I need to buy gym sneakers and indoor shoes to keep at school???) Needless to say, it has cost me a small fortune to buy here.
- Our temporary housing is ridiculously far from the school. It involves switching trams and takes a total of 45 minutes. ONE WAY. I think that Andrew will most likely drop Sam off on his way to work, but it will be nice when we move closer to his school.

modeling his new gym outfit



12 comments:
I hate how they just walk away. I would honestly feel better if they shed a few tears. Pretty soon he will be able to translate for you and then you won't need to learn German!
sam looks studly
Sam is a brave kid!! That sounds like it'll be a great school for him... especially once you're living closer! Good luck, Sammy!
So hard to get on your blog now. I am so stinking jealous!!!!! Love hearing about all your adventures. Does that mean you have to load up your kids and pick Sam up from school traveling 1 1/2 each afternoon?
oh wow! This is all so unbelivable to see Sam in his new Swiss school. Now I feel that you are so far away!.......yet Sam looks so at ease with it all! It's all just a temporary growing experience, right?
hey I'm the anonymous one!
Oh my gosh Jessica! I didn't realize you'd updated your blog. It sounds like you guys are having quite the adventure.
I want to come there. . . . no bugs . . .
:) Thanks for the updates!
Love you! Andra
I can't even believe the adventure your having! That little grocey shop looked so cute. Your kids are so cute Jessica!! Lori and I are really going to have to make an effort to come over and visit while your still living there. Maybe eat some donughts and watch you puke...J/K...P.S. One day we will all live somewhere that has fall year-round
Peter's comment after his first day of school was that he thinks the school year will be fine, even with out Sam in his class.
I remember when I took the tram to school...oh wait, it wasn't the tram..it was the bus. Sam is going to thank you one day for making his life so glamorous!
Go Sam! He looks so grown-up and ready to take on the world! Taking the tram and everything...he's awesome. Miss you guys <3
I love the blog! Um,I was staring @ this boy in class today who looked exactly what Sam is going to look like 15 years from now, dead serious. Anyways, I MISS YOU GUYS! I also was able to check out "The Help" @ the library. Thanks for the help!
Post a Comment