Andrew's mom came upon this billboard in NYC a couple of weeks ago. In case you were wondering, a large section of my in-laws basement is filled with our belongings.

Well, we are now settled in Switzerland (at least in our temporary housing), and I think the hardest part of this move was saying goodbye. This goodbye was made particularly worse by the added guilt of "stealing" the grandkids away from our parents. (I know that those tears my dad shed were not for me...or for Andrew either.) My parents and sisters came up for the weekend to see us off, and we were able to get together with Andrew's local family for a large dinner. It was really nice to have everyone together.
We were also able to get done everything we needed to in preparation for this move, which put my little stressed-out-heart to ease. I even got done some extras- like getting my haircut so I could get bangs. For some reason I had it in my head that bangs were "European" looking. Bangs, skinny jeans and scarfs...yes, I'm that ridiculous. And for the record, I don't think my bangs make me look European, they just make me look dumb.
There will be much more on our arrival later- because for the time being Andrew's computer is not letting me download my pictures- sorry Ashley and Becca!
Our nieces and nephews presenting our family with a scrapbook they made with notes and pictures for us- very sweet.

Grandpa Willis and the boys
My family saying goodbye
Grandpa Walker and the kids
Classic Sam and classic Aunt Ashley
9 comments:
You didn't steal the grandkids..you gave your kids a great reason to visit Europe!! How are you liking it so far? Isnt it like being on another planet? So strange, but beautiful at the same time! (I speak from much experience, having spent two weeks in Europe;) )
I mean *parents*- not 'kids'..your kids are already in Europe..they dont need a reason to visit!
i can't wait to see the pics of switzerland. i remain utterly jealous.
I can't believe your there!!! Wow, Jess.. I can't wait to talk to you. Your bangs are adorable by the way! I honestly mean that. Call me when you can or write me or something :(
Congrats on step one!! Enjoy your time over there, the adventure sounds so fun! Keep bloggin alot I would love to see the area...so we know what to expect when we visit!!
Good luck with everything!!
Dave
Can't wait to hear more Jess, so proud of you going abroad!!
We love and will miss all our kids!! Our daily prayers will be sent your way for a most safe and delightful stay!!
Okay, you know how I told you to lock your heart? Well, I am getting a little teary reading this. With Jack's trip and you being gone combined, I am feeling kinda sad. I miss you.
so glad you arrived there safely, and it sounds like everything is going really well so far! i think that saying goodbye would have been the hardest part too... you are one brave woman!
Post a Comment