Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Visits, Visits, Visits

The last few weeks have consisted of weekend visits from my family and then my High School besties. Both visiting parties hail from South Jersey, and let me tell you- when together, we're a loud, rambunctious group of people. At the end of both weekends my cheeks hurt from laughing so much. It was great.

First up- my family, who came down to celebrate my sister's 17th birthday. We decided to go to the National Cathedral in DC, which my parents had never been to before. It is absolutely stunning inside- but you'll have to take my word for it. I am never able to capture what it really looks like.

Luke kept running up to these candles, and when I would try to stop him, he would say, "I'm just blowing out a couple mommy!"




Happy birthday Becca! Just think- I was married in two years when I was your age! Are you freaked out or what?

The next visit was by my girlfriends Jill, Kim and Lisa. Despite the fact that...
  • Lisa nearly passed out on the Metro,
  • the Holocaust Museum ran out of tickets TWO people ahead of us,
  • it was too late to check out the "Duck Boat",
  • and Jill kept insisting on us taking glamor photo shots (I would DIE before ever show them)...
...we had a great time! After several failed efforts we decided to ditch the DC touristy stuff and go shopping in Georgetown. It was a perfect kid-free day/evening and I wish we could do it more often. I love these girls!






3 comments:

Danielle said...

I want to see the glamor shots!

Kristin and Dan said...

Yes, agreed, show us the glamour shots!!!!! :)

coolness said...

can u seriously update your blog every once in awhile..im bored to death of it..slacker