Thursday, July 1, 2010

Family Updates

Afton
This little baby is growing up and she's growing up fast. She is bursting at the seams with her own personality and she continually cracks us up. She loves to imitate her brothers, especially when one of them is doing something annoying, like walking around making some weird animal noise. She starting to show more interest in "girl" things like dolls, but a ball will never fail to escape her notice.

Luke
After seeing several 3 year olds riding their bikes without training wheels, I decided that little man Luke should be able to ride his bike without his the aid of his. Andrew took the wheels off and then we left the bike out for Luke to figure it out. He eventually did figured it out and now its hard to get him off of his bike.

Sam
At the rate Sam is going he will be completely toothless by Christmas. I love his new toothless grin and I love that he is now having a hard time pronouncing certain words with his upper front tooth missing. I had to take the picture below to send in with Sam's application to the International school he will be attending once we move. For some reason I thought it was funny that a photo was required to apply- are they looking for extra limbs?

As soon as I was done taking the above picture, I walked into my kitchen and found the two youngest devouring ice cream...with their hands. I love the guilty look on Afton's face.

The Parents
We recently celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary- and by doing what? Preparing for our move! It's been crazy, but at least we've been doing it together.


The Home
We've been quickly trying to get our home ready for renters, and one of the biggest projects has been fixing the master bathroom. The faucets were leaking, the tile was loose and cracking, and it was in desperate need of a face-lift. A few years ago I found a special epoxy paint made for painting ceramic showers and bathtubs. I've been wanting to try it out, and since I hated the pink tile in our master bathroom, I decided to give it a go. What on earth was I thinking??? The result looks nice, but the that stuff was a nightmare to work with! I've never smelled such horrible fumes-and that was while wearing a special fume mask. The whole time I just kept thinking, "Why did I ever think that this pink was bad????". Take my advice, if you want to redo your shower/tub, spend the extra money and go with Bath Fitters.

before
after

The finished room- with new ceramic floor tile, paint and toilet.
I'm still not sure that I think it was worth it.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I am so excited for you guys! I hope you have a great adventure in Europe. I can't wait to read about it.

Kim Jon and kids said...

I have NO CLUE how I missed this post! I love it! You did such an amazing job with the bathroom! How did you not tell me about this when we just talked? The picture of you and Andrew is sooo good.. you look beautiful! The kids pictures are great too, can't believe how big their getting.

The Walkers in NJ said...

love those adorable granchildren of ours....and their parents! And yes, afton is growing into a little girl in front of our eyes! I don't like to think how much she'll change the next time we see her!!

The Walkers in NJ said...

love those adorable granchildren of ours....and their parents! And yes, afton is growing into a little girl in front of our eyes! I don't like to think how much she'll change the next time we see her!!