Sam, age 6
Current Likes: going to school, playing outside, riding his bike, Mexican food, curry, swimming lessons, reading, animals, dinosaurs, outer space.
Current dislikes: wearing his socks indoors, wearing a jacket outside, getting his fingernails cut, rules in general.
We've been wanting to get to know the 5-6 year old boys in our neighborhood, and Sam's birthday seemed like the perfect opportunity. I was initially planning on inviting over 5 boys, but somewhere during the planning process 5 turned into 10 (including our two). With that many kids I was anticipating madness, but rather than fighting it, we embraced it. As you can see from the pictures below, the boys loved it. The theme was "dinosaurs" and not having much kid party experience, we stuck to the traditional party stuff (games, cake and ice cream, etc). Once everyone left I asked Sam if he had fun- his response, "Yes! It was like having a ginormous playdate!" I guess that's one way of looking at it.
Current dislikes: wearing his socks indoors, wearing a jacket outside, getting his fingernails cut, rules in general.
We've been wanting to get to know the 5-6 year old boys in our neighborhood, and Sam's birthday seemed like the perfect opportunity. I was initially planning on inviting over 5 boys, but somewhere during the planning process 5 turned into 10 (including our two). With that many kids I was anticipating madness, but rather than fighting it, we embraced it. As you can see from the pictures below, the boys loved it. The theme was "dinosaurs" and not having much kid party experience, we stuck to the traditional party stuff (games, cake and ice cream, etc). Once everyone left I asked Sam if he had fun- his response, "Yes! It was like having a ginormous playdate!" I guess that's one way of looking at it.
A special thanks to my friend Merry who was a complete lifesaver! Without her help I think the madness may have gotten out of control!
I hate making birthday cakes, but "Family Fun" has the best (easy)
Happy Birthday Sammy Boy! We love you so much!
Now could you please stop growing up so fast?
6 comments:
Happy birthday, Sam! I hope you still think I am a princess that lives in a castle! :)
Glad it went well! The cake is adorable. Great idea to get to know the neighbor kids too!
Happy Birthday Sam! LOVE that cake :)
Sam!! We had so much fun with you when we came to celebrate your birthday last week, even though aunt Becca was sick. Don't you have an awesome Mom who made that awesome dinasour cake?
I can't wait until they are all 16 and we force them to have the exact same party! Including duck-duck-goose!
I remember that we were at your house the night you got the call that you would be induced with Sam the next morning. Unforgettable all the emotions I saw in your face within a matter of seconds: excitement, fear, nervous, etc. So happy that you have a cute 6 year-old now to show for it!
Post a Comment