Sunday, January 10, 2010

Random Moments... Sunday?

I realized last Monday that there was no way I was going to be able to get this post done. Tomorrow looks as if it is going to be just as busy as last Monday, so this week I am giving you "Random Moments Sunday".


It's been snowing. A lot.
A couple of posts ago I mentioned that we would probably only get one snowfall this winter. I was wrong. Right before Christmas we were pounded with a couple of feet of snow, and of course that much snow here is crippling. While it was fun to be snowed in, it also made me a little anxious. #1, I don't like feeling trapped and #2, I get nervous about losing electricity. Andrew and the boys were in heaven though (they went sledding and made a ginormous igloo), and the whole scene was very picturesque. Since then, it's snowed two more times and I think I'm done with this whole snow business for the winter (if only mother nature would agree with me).


I laughed till my sides split while hanging out with old friends. Its been nearly ten years since I've hung out with my friends Kim and Jill together. While at my parents' for Christmas, the three of us arranged to have a reunion. For this much anticipated get-together we graced the best diner in town (we don't mess around), and then went back to Jill's house to continue our "remember when" gab session. We also stopped at Jill's Dad's house, who must have thought he was transported back to 1999 by the way we were acting. When Andrew asked me what we did that night I told him "we laughed". I don't think I've laughed that hard since High School. It was fabulous.

We were able to see one of Andrew's best friends from High School. There are very few people who Andrew makes an effort to stay in contact with (Facebook has made this a little better). Andrew's friend Dave is one of those people. Dave and his wife Tracie, along with their 2 year old son and newborn twins, recently relocated back to the East, so over the break we were able to meet up with them and go to the Camden Aquarium. We had a wonderful time and since this is one of our favorite families, we hope we can do it again soon!

I spent 90% of my Christmas vacation with my sisters and I loved every minute of it. I have been waiting for years (and I mean YEARS) for my little sisters to get over themselves and accept the fact that we are destined to be best friends. That day has finally arrived and I am not letting go! For half of our Christmas vacation we hung out at my parent's house and then we brought those crazy girls back to our house. We watched classic movies (The Goonies), ate till we made ourselves sick, saw Sherlock Holmes (I think I liked it) and went downtown. We were all sad to see my sisters go when my parents came to retrieve them.

The picture below was taken during our "lets see who has the biggest nose inherited by dad" photo shoot. Yes, I realize I have no shame posting this picture of myself. At least it wasn't the side profile shot. That would just be embarrassing.

Luke entered Primary. Luke is now rolling with the big dogs and loving every minute of it. I teach in primary (this is where the children go during the 2nd and 3rd hours of our church), so I was able to personally observe Luke during his first week. At one point he started playing with a piece of string, and then was only content when it was perfectly situated IN both of his ears. His teacher turned around and asked me, "Do you see what your son is doing?" My response was a common one concerning Luke: "He's craaaaazy".

and lastly...

Afton is now walking. The little girl has been doing this for a few weeks now, but I still think it is the cutest thing I've ever seen (well, at least the cutest thing since Sam and Luke started walking). She still loses her balance and is by no means fast, but she seems to have forgotten that it is even an option to crawl. She also has added a few more tricks to her growing repertoire. She now can kiss, retrieve her baby doll, and fold her hands when commanded ("Afton, Kiss!", "Afton, Fold Arms!"...you get the point).

5 comments:

erinmalia said...

i love the pics of the snow, although, i too can be done with it. i want warmth and sidewalks! and congrats on a walking afton. fun times.

Mary Killion said...

haha I love the paragraph about Ashley and Becca. I'm glad you girls were able to spend so much time together over the break! I really love your "Random Moments" posts :)
Okay, we really need to get together so Afton can show Liz her walking skills. Liz is so cautious and won't let go of our hands! And when we do manage to loosen her grip, she sits right down! haha

Grace Warf said...

I can't believe Afton is walking.. Jillian, my brothers daughter is at that same exact stage.. it's so short lived! In another month she'll be trying to run with Sam and Luke!
LOVE the way you talked about our hang out session.. do you know while we are stuck with this FREEEZING cold weather Jill is on her way to THE KEYS! I would love to go on ANY vacation right now! ugh

erin leigh said...

Jessica..I love reading your blog! Your house and your family are so cute. Next time there is a reunion we need to make it a cape may branch young women's reunion, I think there is a video in the archives there that I did for my personal progress project of all of us!!!!!

Mom said...

Wow jess I didn't realize you got that much snow! THere was no road!
So neat to see all you girls having such a good time together!
You are the glue!