"Mine's the best right mom?" This is Luke's new favorite phrase. Anything that the boys do together (making art, building with blocks, climbing trees...) is immediately followed by Luke asking, "Mine is the best, right?" or "I am doing it the best, right?" This has to be a textbook warning sign of "middle child syndrome".Sam brought home yet another field trip permission form. Its not like I'm keeping track here (all right, I am) but Sam's field trip total is up to $30. Again, can I emphasize that it is only November and the kid is in kindergarten? I signed him up for public school, not private school. We're not made of money here elementary school!
I was called out by the PTA. I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like the PTA is out to get me. I received a letter this past week, politely reminding me of all that the PTA does for my child and that they had not yet received my dues to become a member. Honestly, I know that the PTA is a wonderful organization, bla, bla, bla....but for some reason it freaks me out. Maybe its because I'm only 27 and I feel like the PTA is trying to steal my remaining youth.
The Phillies lost of World Series. Our family feelings? Andrew- devastated. Me- relieved. I really don't know how many more games I could take. I was sad for Andrew though, who seemed to take the loss personally.
My sweet Dad came to visit. My mom and sister flew out to Utah for my cousin's wedding this past weekend, so my Dad came down to stay with us. We had a wonderful time and the kids could not get enough of him. This morning when Sam woke up he said, "Why did Grandpa only stay two days?! I wanted him to stay 100 days!" I think that sentiment goes for all of us.
I was able to participate in Super Saturday. For the first time in years I had nothing to do with Super Saturday (aka- Mormon Craft Day). It was f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c! I sat at a table, made up all of my projects, ate and chatted. Now I know why everyone loves this day!
Sam had his first speaking line in the primary program. Given Sam's reserved nature, we really thought that he was going to choke at the microphone. To our surprise he delivered his lines like a pro! The singing? Not so much. He mostly bobbed his head up and down to the beat.
5 comments:
You should post pictures of what you did at Super Saturday! I love getting new ideas from others on their blogs! Good to hear you guys had fun with your sweet Dad, I bet the kids had a blast with him! Good luck with the field trips and PTA :)
i'm with you on the phillies. not that chuck's a phillies fan, but oh man, did i ever want the caps to lose in the playoffs last hockey season. that post-season drags on f.o.r.e.v.e.r. so i'm feeling your elation!
and i'm with kristin...let's see what you did. our ward's not having one and i need more projects.
I can't believe Book It has survived this long:) It is an AWESOME program. I love your Random Moments Mondays!! Keep it going!
I love your blog! I understand Andrew's pain..My Dad and I sat there and stared at the T.V feeling sad for a long time...my dad was muttering about the rich kid yankee's something something. YOu have such a cute family! P.S. Everyone has Rush Rush on their ipod they just don't want to admit it!
No way! They still do Book It?!?!? I thought that would be one of those totally awesome things that they phase out. Now I'm totally excited for Taylor to start grade school.
And if it's any consolation, Taylor always says things like, "I'm doing mine higher, mom! Mom, mine' is better. Mom, I'm bigger than Erik."
And he's the first child.
Post a Comment