The above picture is of one of my best friends Jill. She decided to dress up as "Aunt Karen" for Halloween. Who is Aunt Karen? Beats me, but I am her biggest fan. Jill did not go trick or treating with us, she wasn't even in the same state, but I still felt compelled to share this picture. Hilarious.
On that note, this year's Halloween festivities seemed never ending. Don't get me wrong, it was fun and the kids really enjoyed themselves, but it was exhausting. At least for me. There were parades and class parties (for both boys), a church "Trunk or Treat"/Harvest Festival, and then Halloween itself- all of which occurred within a 3 day span. Somewhere between all of this I forgot that we never carved pumpkins, so the kids and I quickly squeezed that in too.Our church party was actually a lot of fun. There was a really cool "mad scientist room" and lot of games for the kids to play. One guy dressed up as a member from the band "Kiss" and I forced Luke to pose in a picture with him (Sam ran away screaming as soon as I made the suggestion to him). I need to remember to reward Luke for obeying me.
On Halloween we had a few of our friends over for chili and cornbread and then we all went trick-or-treating with both of Andrew's brothers' families. Ohh and our costumes? Sam was "Zorro", Luke was "Tigger", I was "Mary", and Afton was my "Little Lamb".
It really was fun, but now onto Thanksgiving!

Luke is trying really hard not to run away in this picture. And yes, the Kiss guy (I have no idea who he is) is wearing spandex AND platform boots- awesome! 
Some of the cousins (plus me, Uncle Pete and Uncle Grant). PLEASE click on this picture to see Uncle Peter's costume- priceless!
Some of our other trick-or-treaters. Truman (Dracula) and little Pete (Superman) crack me up in this picture!




6 comments:
I LOVE it! Sometimes it seems like Halloween can be more exhausting than Christmas!! Your kids are so cute:) Sometimes I still think of you as 15 and I am like, "who is letting Jess babysit their kids in this picture?" :)
hey, i have an aunt karen! her glasses are about as big, but she dresses a lot more stylishly. :)
Wow you guys were busy this Halloween!! Looks like a lot of fun though, I love that you went trick or treating with so many people, how fun!
Jessica...your family is so cute! I love it! I remember visiting you when you and Andrew where first married and living in that cute condo in Provo and you were making me laughing telling me how you got mad at Andrew and ran to hide in the closet..I don't know why I remembered that but reading your blog is so entertaining!
I LOVE the kids' costumes--yours too! Halloween is so fun for everyone, really.
I'm glad your dad was able to visit over the weekend! I had Super Saturday on Friday night (except we called ours "Friday Frenzy") and it was pretty good. I wish I could've done everything!
Cute pics! I love halloween. I think I would run away screaming from that guy too!
Post a Comment